Artist: Jens Munthe Svendsen 1906.
Stiftsgårdshaven (The Garden of the Royal Residence) was a central location for the crowning of Haakon VII in 1906. The sculpture was erected next to a pool in the garden at that time. The female body of the sculpture has a naturalistic design, but its wavy lines make it typical art nouveau. Svendsen had a passion for this type of full length portrait sculpture. During the German occupation (1940–45), the statue was temporarily removed.